Monday, October 20, 2014

4th Annual 30 in 30...Day 16 - Stephen King Weekend! - FIRESTARTER (1984)...



Ah, the early 80s - when nearly every Stephen King literary work was being made into a movie. I think this was Drew Barrymore's first film after E.T.? For someone so young, she's pretty capable here along other well knowns like Martin Sheen, David Keith, and George C. Scott.





This is still a watchable and entertaining 80s horror thriller. Father (Keith) and daughter (Barrymore) are on the run as Sheen and Scott hunt them down and hope to weaponize the girl's power to create fire and destruction. Wasn't it always about weaponizing something at this point in history?

NOTE: This was filmed in Wilmington, NC - several landmarks are visible that may be recognizable. Also, I noticed that I skipped a day in my post counts, so I'm 16 days in...only 14 more to go!

No comments: