Friday, October 2, 2015

Fifth Annual 31 in 31...Day Two..."You are all my children now."



A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge / 1985

The Red-Headed Stepchild of the Elm Street series. The "Friday the 13th Part V" of Freddy films. This one was about as far away from the original as you could get - only the character of Freddy and a mention of Nancy make it to the sequel. It's very unintentionally funny now, even though I'm sure they didn't set out to make it that way in 1985. There's a good bit of self awareness evident and over time, Part 2's cult status has only grown. The opening School Bus Ride to hell is still one of the best openings in the series. I'll never forget the chestbursting scene or seeing Freddy jump through a glass door and disappear into thin air in the commercials. Good times.

More of my art and alternate versions below.

Love the contrast on this one. Overall, it might be my favorite of this set.



"Help Yourself, F*CKER!"







No comments: