Thursday, October 29, 2015

Fifth Annual 31 in 31...Day 24 ... "I can read - you see that shoe? That shoe says Adidas..."



The Program / 1993

This isn't a horror movie by any means, but it's my blog so I can do what I want! This is a pretty bad movie overall, but I will always remember it fondly as I was at the filming of several scenes in glorious Williams-Brice Stadium on the campus of THE University of South Carolina. It was filmed on the same day the Gamecocks shocked Tennessee 24-23 in 1992. The movie has a TON of 90s stars in addition to James Caan as head coach. Also starring Halle Berry, Omar Epps, Craig Sheffer, Kristy Swanson and Andrew Bryniarski as roid rager Lattimer. I remember there being a big "to-do" about a 'chicken' scene where the football team laid in the road in the way of oncoming traffic as a team unity ritual. Of course, some dumb teenagers tried it in real life and got killed so of course that scene was cut out of the film - it nows exists only on youtube. How different things are today!

Still love this movie to this day though, its really cheesy and funny and has a ton of glorious shots of W-B and the SC campus.

Pretty sure those were USC band members in the back wearing ESU uniforms for the movie...



Starting Defense!



Well that's pretty scary I guess...

No comments: