Thursday, January 16, 2014

NEW PROJECT! Eduard BF110 G-2 in 1/72 scale...some camo thoughts...

So as I put the finishing touches on the Pak Fa refurb, this one has been staring at me for nearly two weeks! I have heard great things about Eduard 'Profipack' kits which include canopy masks and photo etch so I took the plunge with this 1/72 scale German fighter.



Included on the instructions are 3 main camo schemes that I like. I'm positive that I am making the version with the large cannon sticking out from under the nose shown here:



Only thing is I don't like the camo all that much. Sure it's authentic and geometric but I LOVE the scheme that mixes with the Bumblebee Nose Art here:



I love that but I want the side camo "blotches" to be a bit bigger, kind of like this one:



Perhaps I can simulate that with some homemade stencils and the airbrush?

Below is a third scheme with red prop cones from two angles:



No comments: