Monday, January 6, 2014

1/72 Sukhio T50 Pak Fa...rescue attempt ongoing...

I spent the weekend trying to advance the Pak Fa into a more finished state. I'm still 50/50 but I think it's getting there. Repainted the whole thing a lighter blue and I aimed to imitate the new "Shark" camo that is seen on some of the newer prototypes - borrowing this art from Deviantart.com:



Here are the prelim first and second coats. Not too bad.









Taped underneath to paint the engines, etc.



Had to cover every other part of the plane with large sheets of paper...you would think this would stop any overspray...but you would be WRONG...



I hate taping/masking...







German Grey painted on the engines.



Upon removal of masking tape...arggh!!!



OVERSPRAY!!! WTF???!!!



Dabbed some Dark Sea BLue on the overspray areas to "hide" them...not sure what to do from here...considering taping off the engines...and going in with a darker blue on top to cover the overspray and out of margin crap. I will not be defeated.



1 comment:

WarRaptor said...

Ah man, that looks awesome.