Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Minimalist Approach...Greetings, Starfighter...

"... You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-dan Armada."

Ah, 1984. The Last Starfighter was one of my favorites as a kid - and still a guilty pleasure today. Just picked up the Blu on the cheap and I was reminded why I liked this one so much. A great 80s flick. So, some posters resulted...

The first two are character posters for Lord Kril and Mags. I'd like to do them for all the mains but these were the best screen caps I could find so far. I tried to get an 80s vibe in there with the simple graphics and type. I think they look ok...





The third is a more traditional poster. I put in the Star League logo and the original movie title graphic. Pretty cool!

1 comment:

eric corbett said...

i've never seen this movie (no surprise there haha) but i'm really digging the third poster. nice job.