Thursday, March 21, 2013

1/72 Ki67...keep on keepin' on...



Over the last week I've been getting some minor detail and paint work done. Nothing fancy - just taking my time on different things. First off are the fuselage side gunner "bubble" windows. You choose to add these as whole pieces or cut them in half so the guns will stick out the sides - since I'm in no way attempting to slice those delicate clear parts...they are going on whole. A nice little detail on the inside are gun racks to hold the machine guns en route to target. These will prob never been seen again once the fuse halves go together so I thought I'd get a shot up now.





Wings and wheel wells/engines are together. Got some weathering done on the inside of the wells.





Some weathering on the cockpit - on the seats and scratchbuilt box tops...



Random clear parts and rear machine gun setup.



One of my favorite pieces of the kit so far...the top ball turret. The gun moves sitting in its cradle! Now all I have to do is mask it off and figure out how to paint it and whether or not I should do that with it inside the fuselage or added later on...





Nice detail can be seen here...

No comments: