Monday, March 11, 2013

1/72 Ki67...Disaster strikes!



Well, as you can tell from the headline of this post, this is not my month for making models. I decided to remove the clear parts from the sprue in order to get a good coat of future on them so they would have a few days to dry prior to adding them to the model. The large nose cone was the first piece I removed - not only did it crack down the length of the cone but it also gave a nice curve across about a quarter of the diameter...the f@$&!@! is smirking at me...



I have already contacted Hasegawa about a replacement part via phone and email - hopefully they will get back to me quickly. If all else fails, I can probably make the piece work...most of the crack will be covered with paint - and I can always say it was battle damage - I just HATE starting off a model like this.

The day wasn't a total loss - I did get the cockpit put together which also serves as the bomb bay detail on the belly. Nice engineering here. The little round circle sticking off the front of that is the bombadier's chair!





Underside detail...



The workbench...

1 comment:

WarRaptor said...

WTF dude!!!! You need to paint little men instead....no clear parts!!!

Otherwise, I like the work you've done.