Monday, March 4, 2013

Moving on...with some thoughts...



So this past weekend I decided to do something I don't think I've ever done. I quit on a model. The Revell 1/72 Pak Fa has been a burden since I cracked open the box - partly because of the kit's shortcomings and partly because of mistakes that I have made. Either way, I decided to stop on it and put it away, at least for now.

I've also come to the conclusion that buying cheaper kits just to get a model of a specific plane is not the way to go for me. Case in point, the Revell kits. They certainly have their place - for beginner modelers and those with little skill or need for more complex projects. But, I would rather pay the extra money and get a precise and well engineered kit from Hasegawa or Tamiya rather than save money and get a crappy, simplistic kit. It has become a personal preference.

Oh well live and learn I guess. At least the Pak Fa gave me a little more practice with pilot figures and the airbrush that will only help with future planes.

Speaking of future planes, I'm already scouting 1/72 Hasegawa Japanese bombers...in fact, this 'Peggy' Torpedo Bomber looks really nice...

No comments: