Friday, March 8, 2013

NEW PROJECT: Hasegawa 1/72 scale Mitsubishi Ki67 'Peggy'



Since I crashed and burned with the Pak Fa, I decided to return to a subject I love - WW2 japanese aircraft. I prefer 1/48 scale but since this is a bomber, the 1/72 scale won't be as limiting as it would be with a smaller fighter. Below are some possible camo schemes...

My favorite - I like the greenish brown overall color - its a bit different from the dark green of most Japanese aircraft. I like trying something a bit different.



Pretty much the same camo but with a white tail. This is very interesting but I'm willing to bet the white tail would make the tail decal almost invisible.



Typical green - this one also shows the long lance torpedo included with the kit. Striking profile...



One other small detail I may add - notice the white stripe on the wings in the upper left of this picture...it may not be historically accurate with this particular bomber, but I really like the "meatball" on top of the white. I will look into it when the time comes.

No comments: