Thursday, March 14, 2013

1/72 Peggy...Interior workings





Since I'm waiting on the replacement cone...I'm working on the details of the cockpit and inside fuselage...mixture of about 50/50 Olive Green and Black Green. Inside fuselage looks a bit rough, but most of that will not be seen once the two halves go together...just a rough covering.

Once I got the cockpit together and painted, I placed the two decals - one on the front dial board and one(two) on the navigator's table. Despite all of this, the cockpit still looked very plain to me...lots of open floor room behind the pilot seats.





Here you can see the bombardier's chair and a small black tube...



I added in an unused cockpit piece from another kit to the back of the co-pilot's chair - painted black and also two small pieces on the floor to add some detail. They reminded me of wooden boxes or supply carts so I painted the tops a wood color. Some light weathering will follow but for now here are the new finished cockpit pics...







The workbench at this point in time...

No comments: