Tuesday, October 11, 2011

30 Films in 30 Days...Day Ten...


"I'm saying I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake."

THE FLY (1986). I have such fond memories of this film - originally in my top 20 horror films list from 2010 on this blog. Jeff Goldblum (with super mullet) and Geena Davis star in this tragic story. Man goes through telepod, telepod fuses man and fly, man transforms into disgusting monster. The physical transformation of BrundleFly is a sight to behold in the pre-CGI age. A wonderful and terrible thing all at once. Goldblum is superb as is Cronenberg's direction. Dare I say it - a masterpiece of horror cinema - has it REALLY been 25 years? A thrilling and exciting movie with a finale that is ultimately heartbreaking. I can't say enough - one of my favorites.




No comments: