Monday, July 28, 2014

Darkness, Damn Dirty Apes, and The Dark Knight...

Had one of my most productive weekends in a long time. Several interesting projects brought to fruition.

First, Tim Curry as Darkness from the movie Legend (1985). Acrylic.



















Next, Caesar from the modern Planet of the Apes movies...6B pencil





























I also tried another landscape painting in acrylic. A picture of a pond I took. This looks better in pictures than it does in person. At least I can tell it looks like trees and reflections on the water. Need to work more at this.



A quick marker sketch of Prakoso from The Raid 2...



Marker study of Dr. Channard from Hellbound: Hellraiser II...when he first appears as a cenobite...one of my favorite scenes!





"The Doctor...is IN."



Finally, I had a Batman idea rolling around in my head and I put it down on paper with markers. Funny - I've already had two people ask to have a copy of this. Sometimes its the quickies that get the best response. I'm glad I drew it now - this way it won't fall prey to being forgotten...





And finally - something I'm trying to do more - a picture of all of my output for the weekend together in one shot. I'm very pleased with this weekend's finals. Incentive to do more and keep getting better!

No comments: