Monday, July 21, 2014

Ancient Predators, Planes, and Tankies...

Had some fun with ink and markers this weekend. I'm trying to use these as much as I can so I can learn what shades to use when. Plus it makes me draw more. First off is a pet project of mine I've been wanting to do. Had this really cool samurai pic sitting on my workbench - from the very beginning I KNEW I wanted to put a Pred head on it. And yes, before you ask, it is totally logical that Predators would wear Samurai armor and use ninja swords. It makes total sense. I put up a ton of in progress pics for this one because it was a joy to produce. I loved just about every step along the way.



























A quick Me109 study...



And another one that upon further review, I reallly like. I'm going to attach the original photo as well, just for reference...I think the decision to go B&W monotone was a good one.