Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Eduard 1/72 BF 110 G-2...teaser...

After an hour or so of decal work, I reached a stopping point last night. Here are some teaser shots of where I am at this point...



I hesitate to show this next one because in some ways, the nose hornet decal looks like sh** here, BUT I wanted to note a technique I discovered by accident. The hornet decal was actually in THREE pieces that I had to piece together on the nose on BOTH sides...after fooling with it for nearly 20 minutes I was going to wipe it off and go without it. BUT the MicroSol I had been applying it with had set in long enough to make it stick to the model - so when I wiped it with a damp paper towel, it actually made it go deeper into the panel lines and smoothed out all the little wrinkles so that it looked painted on! I can't tell you this will work EVERY time, but if you get lucky enough that the decal remains stuck, you can get pretty spectacular results with the damp napkin method.



This is only HALF of the decals! I still have a ton of stencils, panel text, fuel tank decals and little things that still need to go all over it. Sheesh.

1 comment:

WarRaptor said...

That looks great. I love the nose decal. Glad that it wasnt 'too far gone'. Hell of a piece of work though