Saturday, August 6, 2016

IPMS National Convention - August 6, 2016 - Columbia, South Carolina - Pictures, Displays, and Models...oh my

I've always seen the photos and contests from the yearly conventions in other cities and countries over the years. It's something I never thought I would get the chance to see in person in my home town. That all changed today.

Hit the display room first and spent nearly 2.5 hours just looking at the amazing, amazing model work. Below are some of the best.

Stuka with an awesome snake decal down the fuselage. Love the camo.







Tons of these are on window bases...pay attention to the belly detail and backgrounds when you can. So much to see! Locke Wulf D-9 Doras!





More Doras, the first with a Torpedo! I love these German fighters.







Didn't take long to find the 1:48 scale Japanese Fighters!

1:48 scale Ki84 Frank. I have one of these in my stash. Exquisite weathering and color.





1:48 Aichi Val - never seen this orange came pattern before. Very cool.





More 1:48 Japanese...incredible Zero.



Grace Torpedo Plane...









Next up, some US Navy planes in 1:48, including an amazing Helldiver with some superb cockpit detail.











I'm not big on 1:72 scale planes unless they are jets, but some of these had so much detail it was unbelievable.

A Japanese Zero as good as any I've ever seen.



This. Open engine Focke Wulf. Just ridiculous. I cannot even fathom the level of detail on this thing.







An Me110 and some others...







Some 1/32 Germans...

UHU...







Love the fleck weathering on this Japanese twin engine...





One of my favorite WW2 "planes" and an awesome display here...FW190 Mistel aka The Flying Bomb...














Another Japanese twin engine in a perfect green.



Next, a 1:48 Tupolev Tu-2 Torpedo Bomber. Awesome. I want one of these kits one day.











A nice Bronco.



A P-61 Black Widow with some great weathering and exhaust weathering.





German Bomber. Great camo pattern - I wish I could have zoomed in to see all of the small details.





One of my fave German bombers - the Ju-88. Love the yellow engines and green camo.







He111 Henkiel. Different camo I've not seen before.





Came across another kit that I have in my stash, but I need to finish. Chinese J10 Vigorous Dragon. This was a great finished model. Makes me want to finish mine now.













A great green Betty Bomber. Took a shot of one of the wings and the meatball.







More to come, need to stop for the day but new posts will follow soon. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

P-51 Rick said...

Its always a thrill to see my work on the web. I'm glad you enjoyed the event and I hope that it inspires you to build some models!

Dukes413 said...

Which one was yours, Rick? I'd love to see more of your work! Thanks.