Monday, June 23, 2014

Skulls, Frogs, Fishes, and Pins...

Big Dump this weekend!

First off the table was this Skeletor portrait. Well, it started off as Skeletor but ended up more like a generic Ghoul type thing. Either way - pretty pleased overall and it was one of the most involved step by step pieces I've done...I kept going back into it and getting some nice mixtures of wet paint and new paint colors. I honestly don't know how I got to where I ended up in some respects, which was neat too.





























The workbench...



Some quick studies post Skeletor of a Palmetto and Crescent moon and a Salmon...



This is from reference and I liked its loose quality...





A side project on 8 x 5 - I Could see this turn into a large Canvas one day. Basically as I worked on the main projects I would paint a square of whatever color I had going at the time until I had a nice layer of multi-colored squares.





Fire Bellied Toad Study from reference....this looks better in pics than it does in person honestly...









Sharkie!



And the last of the bunch was this quick Pinhead study in leftover reds, whites, and blues....







No comments: