Wednesday, May 29, 2013

NEW PROJECT! Dragon Models 1:72 Scale Focke-Wulf Ta152 H-1

Scored this at the local hobby shop today. Had my eye on a model of this type of airplane for a few years now and I finally pulled the trigger. I've constructed other Focke-Wulfs before, but this one has the unique "extra-long wing" which I really like. I wanted a quick and simple build so I went with 1:72 since that is A) all they had and B) 1:48s in this plane are nearly impossible to find.

This model also had photo-etch parts which I am learning to like more and more plus there is an option to showcase the engine with an open cowling. I'm thinking I'm gonna go that route as well. Should be fun!

Box art and overall profile below...



2 comments:

WarRaptor said...

Aw awesome...never seen this type of plane before. Looking forward to seeing the engine!

I like the 1/72 stuff better anyway than the 1/48...plus, you can do more and the wife doesnt realize the volume as much :)

Maybe your 1/72 planes can come to mebane to play with my 1/72 men and tanks???

Dukes413 said...

Buwahh!!! Squadrons incoming sir!

Yeah, the 1/72 stuff is much smaller and quicker to build, I just have a problem finding 1/72 scales that are as detailed as 1/48s. Hopefully this one will change that!