Thursday, August 16, 2012

FINISHED! Academy 1/48 scale Su-27 Flanker...aka The Beast!

I did it - finally finished this monstrosity. This makes two Academy kits in a row for me. I was somewhat apprehensive after the Mig-29 build and its fitting problems but this kit was a breeze overall and no real problems came up. Of course there are parts where I think I could have done better here or there but looking at these photos, it doesn't take away from the overall final build. I'm really pleased at how the weathering/decals and camo job came together. The details are top notch and I can finally say that I've successfully built a FLANKER! Enjoy the photos!

The Beast Rises.



One of my favorite shots...lots of good detail here...



Another good one showing the truly unique shape of the Flanker.




A detail shot of the tail fins and some tiny lights I painted in on the radar nibs.


Bonus photos....my last two builds side by side...keep in mind the Flanker is supposed to be the better dogfighter of the group. Ha! What an immense airplane.



2 comments:

WarRaptor said...

Aw dude, absolutely beautiful!

Dukes413 said...

Wow - thanks man. It was...FUN.