Friday, March 30, 2012

1/48 Slovak Mig 29...highlights and augments...

Mini update on the week's work. Adding in all the little paint augments before I Future this sucker up for decals. First off, the overall bench, including a preview of the base I'm beginning to work on.


I'm taking some creative license with the nose cone - it calls for a darker plain grey but I went with a dark sea grey instead to add a bit of color. I also extended the nose cone color down the sides of the plane. I think it will work well with the digital camo.


The nose from underneath. Also you can see where I touched up the wheel wells with german green grey as well as the intake covers.


Tail fins with matching dark sea blue of the nose.


Now here is a fitting test with the engines. I mixed Burnt umber and silver to get a shiny look. I think it needs to be darkened some more before it's finished, perhaps with a wash at the end? What do you think?


No comments: