Monday, March 26, 2012

1/48 Slovak Mig 29...Final coat...

Success, my lord! Base coat after base coat and some mishaps with the right ratio of paint to water/windex, I finally settled on a good mix for the final overall coat: 16 drops Light Sea Grey...10 drops of german (green) grey....and 9 drops of H2O. The light sea grey was a little too blue (as seen in the pictures working up to this point) - I added the german grey to make it closer to actual regular grey while still retaining some of the color.

The bench...


Top view..can you see the panel lines?


Close-up Top detail...


Underneath view....red circle indicates newspaper I stuffed into the wheel wells to keep from getting overspray on the dark green well interior. I doubt it worked very well, but I should be able to touch up the edges once removed.

No comments: