Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 5 Movies of 2011...

Well 2011 is almost in the books and I've been trying to compile a list of my top movies for a while now. Nothing was over-the-top stupendous this year but there were some REALLY good films in the last 6 months or so...my Top 5 for the year:


A few thoughts...

I Saw The Devil - best modern day serial killer movie in a long time. Asks the question how far would you go to catch the killer of the one you loved. Sometimes we may not want to know...

ROTPOTA - far exceeded any expectations I had. Great prequel story that sets it all up without crapping all over what came before. Humans suck!

HOBO - one of my most celebrated films of the year - very fun to watch with others than are into this sort of thing - campy, bloody mayhem. And Rutger Hauer is still a badass.

XMFC - again, expectations surpassed and stomped on. Might be the best X-Men film ever. Great casting and cameos. I hope they continue this storyline in a future film(s).

BATTLE LA - not the most original but one of the most fun I've seen all year. One part ID4, one part Black Hawk Down and one part Aliens with a slight peppering of Starship Troopers. Aliens invade and try to take our planet...we hit back and kick their asses.

HONORABLE MENTIONS -
Super 8
Melancholia
The Thing
THOR
The Man From Nowhere
13 Assassins
Troll Hunter

UNRANKED DUE TO BEING MISSED - (I hope to see these soon)
The Divide
Cowboys & Aliens
Green Lantern
Captain America
Tucker & Dale Versus Evil
Attack the Block
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

No comments: