Thursday, September 8, 2016

Chipping effects test

First test on the two new weathering / chipping fluids from AK Interactive. I brushed oily steel on the left side/wing and regular silver on the right side/wing. Applied the heavy chipping (bottle on left) for bigger chunks on the left wing and the worn effects (right bottle) on right wing...covered both in a dark german green. After drying, applied water and began scratching with a brush (not good) and a paper clip edge (better). I only brushed on the paint for quick results. I would airbrush it on the real project.





You can see the larger sections of green came off here...might not use this on such a wide area next time...





The worn effects for really nice results along the panel lines I think. With more time devoted, I think this could turn out looking great.



No comments: