Thursday, May 26, 2016

ALIEN DAY 4.26.2016 - LOOT CRATE ARRIVAL

Well I took the plunge and ordered the special 30th anniversary ALIENS Loot Crate back on 4.26 of this year...after waiting a freaking month, it finally arrived...





First thing out was the Titan Alien special figure...I believe this thing glows in the dark so I'll have to try that...





Nice graphic on the back of the box...



Next up was one of my favorite, if not THE favorite item in the box...a tshirt featuring the artwork from Hudson's body armor in the movie.

"Where's all the pretty shit now, MAN??!!"



Third is my other fave item...a 30th anniversary hardcover of the original Dark Horse AL()ENS comics from the early, early 90s. All printed in B&W...





I love how the pages are capped with a nice metallic blue ink...





Next up a note from "Burke, Carter J." and a metal printed AL()ENS poster.







Then the final piece...a carton with EGGS...very special eggs...










Comes with a set of directions and safety rules...



Oh hello...



Oh and did I mention the box folds outward into a makeshift APC from the film?







Oh yeah...all in all I'm very pleased with the crate. It's not all stuff I haven't seen before but the combination of all these items is tough to beat for an AL()ENS fan. I would have killed for something like this when I was 10, which I guess is kinda the point!

They mostly come at night. Mostly.

2 comments:

WarRaptor said...

Very cool stuff in there! I'm with you -bug stomper is awesome

eric corbett said...

this stuff looks pretty awesome. love the vinyl figure and hardcover of course. but those eggs might be the surprising winner for me. that's just really cool. looks like it was a pretty good value overall. glad it turned out so well for you.