Monday, March 21, 2016

There has never been a time without unicorns...

Been working on this for about two weeks off and on..in between sketches, etc. The Last Unicorn debuted in 1982 (good year) and was a favorite of mine as a kid. It had great voice acting, animation and a heartfelt story. I watched it again recently and it holds up well 34 years later. So I decided to try drawing a poster on 14 x 17 paper...behold, the TLU inspired piece.

First off, a bit on my process...seeing as how there are numerous characters, I found screenshots of each and placed them loosely on a digital layout, printed that out and used it as a guide for the drawing. Here are those prelims...





SO let's get started...











I started to notice a slight ying yang pattern forming here with the bottom half so I aimed to continue that on the top left...















The final piece in detail...with a final contrasted version just for fun. Had a lot of fun with this one. Perhaps I need to add some credits and turn it into a real poster?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is absolutely poster worthy.. Very nice work my friend.