Thursday, January 17, 2013

1/48 Zeke...Inner workings...


For the first week or so of this build, I've been concentrating solely on the cockpit and front engine area. I'm pretty proud of the 'Pit despite the fact that most of it will be covered up once the model itself is finished. I'm beginning to understand why so many pro modellers go overboard on this part - there are a lot of interesting pieces/parts and one of the most complex parts of a model. To each their own I guess...

A nice shot of the dials, buttons, triggers, etc...those are decals on the main dashboard...I may not have placed them EXACTLY on the dial faces, but considering they are no bigger in diameter than the tip of a large ink pen, I think it came out ok. Lots of MicroSol and a careful X-acto knife tip helped with this...


Seat belts...decal also...big enough to flop over all the edges of the seat...


More buttons and gears...


The engine...



Sidewalls inside the fuselage, need to detail some of the buttons on these panels, but the glue was still drying when these pics were taken.


3 comments:

WarRaptor said...

Oh wow. That looks awesome. Will the engine be inside a cowl or something, or will it be visible????

WarRaptor said...

'cuz it looks cool

Dukes413 said...

Argghh! I can't decide...its SUPPOSED to be glued on and cover all that up but I MIGHT leave it unglued so I can display the engine parts. Def gonna have an open canopy on this one though...