Tuesday, July 17, 2012

1/48 Su-27 ...prepping for paint...

This really has taken forever, partly my fault and partly because they are so many pieces and parts that have to be fit just right...

Below is my first scratch built addition...on one piece of the left tail fin there is an antenna piece that was supposed to glue on but frankly it did not fit well at all and looked really crappy. So I dove into my parts box and came out with an old machine gun mount from an old JU-87 Stuka kit. I shaved some parts off the back and side and it fit into the tail groove perfectly! Kinda even looks like antennae as well which works out great. What do you think? I zoomed in for detail...


Top view overall, notice wing tip missles pylons glued on.


Canopy taped up for painting...


I told you there were a lot of missiles!


More missiles and wheel detail...


Oops...how did these get in there?



No comments: