Monday, April 9, 2012

1/48 Slovak Mig 29...more decals...

...And the adventure continues...

A bit more work done on the decals yesterday afternoon...I'm discovering that some need to be layered so those have to go down first and allowed to dry. It's a good thing these decals are strong and some of the best I've ever used.

The bench...


This was almost a disaster - the decals are shaped to fit OVER the vents on either side of the cockpit. AGH! After I let it dry I decided to trim the parts of the decal OUT of the vent opening (left side)...there are some rough edges BUT with a little coaxing with Microsol all those loose ends should sit down. You can see a pre-cut decal on the right side in the below pic. Will trim down tonight. All in all, not a bad result.


Tail fins. Still a lot of drying and microsol touch-up to be done, but you can see just how much of the actual model is covered here. Wow. And I was worried about my paint job. Ha!

No comments: