Monday, January 3, 2011

Top Ten "Things" from 2010...

I wanted to have all these best of lists for 2010 showcasing all of my picks for everything under the sun. I discovered that there wasn't enough to fill out all of these categories without throwing in a massive amount of filler that, in the end, just wouldn't be worthy. So here is my concise "Top Five Things of 2010" as they relate to me...

#5. Remastered and Expanded Special Edition Soundtracks. With the onslaught of the digital revolution, it's hard to find good CD releases these days, esp for movie film scores. This year we were treated to two expanded multi-disc releases of Star Trek III and V. Also the return of the Predator franchise (with a good film) was celebrated with a great package of John Debney's inspired score to the film. Rejoice.







#4 Star Trek Online. For years, we Star Trek gamers have suffered. In 2010 we were rewarded for our patience. You get to build your own crew. Pick your starship. Change your appearance. Yes, Please! I've been away for a few months, because frankly I needed to go OUTSIDE. I will be returning soon to see what great updates and missions await...



#3 The Iwata HP-CS. I've always wanted an airbrush to paint model airplanes. Through the grace of a good friend (Thanks, Jay) I got my wish...its amazing what you can do with this thing. Should be fun to continue learning...it's light years ahead of SPRAY CANS haha!



#2 High Quality Miniseries Television. There's a LOT of crap on TV these days. Thankfully there are also some that still get it right. In the same vein as 'Band of Brothers', Hanks and Spielberg gave us 'The Pacific' - an important look at another part of the last World War with superb acting and action set pieces. AMC is gaining ground also - Breaking Bad, Mad Men (which I haven't seen but I need to apparently) but the culmination was their excellent rendition of Dark Horse comic The Walking Dead. In a genre that is becoming oversaturated (zombies are everywhere!) they came out with something great. Bravo, HBO and AMC.





#1 My Re-introduction to the world of Comics. No other thing excited me more this year. I have so much to catch up on since my last time collecting back in the early 1990s...but the journey is wonderful. Its also inspired me to get drawing again - and that is something I've been meaning to do for a LONG time.



Here's to an even better 2011.

No comments: