Monday, February 18, 2013

NEW PROJECT! Revell 1/72 scale Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA...



So begins a new project. Not a good first weekend unfortunately. I keep getting reminded why I do not like Revell made kits. They are basic sometimes to the level of being remedial in some instances. I will soldier on...

Some initial cockpit painting...getting the base color down before I add in black detailing and dials, switches, etc...





Engine tubes for inside the fuselage - curious part engineering and very thin plastic.



1/72 pilot figures....very small - light years away from the Japanese pilots I just finished.



This almost made me throw the model across the room - intake frames on the underside of the jet. they had to be formed then glued to the jet. You can clearly see where they did not fit together perfect, but also where they just don't fit snug to the belly of the jet either. I just had to get them on the best way I knew how and hope for the best with putty and sanding later on. Ugh. The paint job is the only thing that will save this kit in the end I think. I'm not having the best time right now.

No comments: