Thursday, February 14, 2013

1/48 Zeke...Final shots and some weathering updates...

First, I need to give a shout out to a really nice product I've discovered while finishing the Zeke. From Flory models Co...the dark dirt wash solution. It is clay based and non toxic and VERY easy to use. I originally used it on top of the Future on the Zeke, but with the pilot figures I thought they needed a bit more defition/detailing so I thought I'd give this a shot. I thinned it out with a bit of water (it's thin already anyway) - discovered that even without any future on the figs, it filled the crevices really nicely and did not leave any unwanted stains. I gotta say, if you are a figure painter, you might want to give this stuff a shot. I'm no pro, but I certainly think this gave my admittedly rookie level figures a nice overall finish. What do you think?

The Product...



Close-ups of all four figures...really like the back shots as that is where some of the really nice detail is on these. Enjoy.



























My two favorite group shots...







Some additionals with the Zeke back in the picture...













Some close-ups of the cockpit. I used the flash on some of these so the dials inside would show up. Amazing how that flash washes out the color on the plane and also makes my canopy "issues" pop out like a sore thumb! Ugh. It looks like the canopy is peeling (which may have happened in the south pacific!) Anyway I won't be using the flash for many model photos ever again! haha...









Nice overall shot...

No comments: