Tuesday, February 19, 2013

1/72 Scale Pak Fa...the hurt continues...



...And the struggle continues...

Some pics of the putty and my results sanding so far. Ugh. I had to step away. I WILL get it smooth but it takes a certain amount of precise effort and I'm just not there yet.





The weird shaped engine tubes forced into the openings and glued any which way I could glue them. There are so many weird angles and odd fittings here. I just hope the two fuselage halves go together when it's time.



Things seemed to get better once I started painting the figures. Some detail is finally popping out here. Not much to work with on 1/72 scale.





Decided to end this post on a good note despite my many issues. Detailing on the cockpit. There was one decal on the front display panel and then I used my smallest paint brush and dabbed in little dials and buttons here and there. I think it turned out ok!





No comments: